Sunday, February 8, 2009

Brian Flynn: Notice of unprofession conduct grievance

Brian Flynn/concerned parties:
This is to inform you that I am filing an unprofessional conduct grievance for the following:
1.) You made a number of false statements regarding my work ethic and treatment of my clients in hopes of boosting the department’s case in kicking me out of school for exposing the wrong they were doing.
2.) As my new advisor, your professional duties are to “support students’ academic and professional development in the MSW Program,” as stated in the student handbook. Not only are you familiar with what is going on with all the lies and charges I have faced, and, continued retaliation for proving the department wrong, losing their case, you have completely ignored me, nor have you offered me any assistance in any manner. You have not set one email or expressed any concern about everything going on.
3. ) During the course of the semester, you had direct knowledge from emails I sent you and through personal conversation about the clients I served in the community who are mostly people of color, elderly, and disabled, being abused and ignored by the Social Work Department facing injustice. You saw emails and complaints from students in the program as well as professionals in the community testifying, decrying the Social Work department’s inability and carelessness in taking a stand or showing any leadership in the community as an institution who’s primary mission is to protect the vulnerable. My field instructor, who has been practicing social work for over 40 years, also complained and personally came to the Social Work Department to decry the abuse, but was ignored. Instead, you chose to ignore the suffering and abuse of these people, allowing the Social Work Department to accuse me of charges because I exposed these social issues. As a social worker, our professional and ethical obligation is to act in the presence of injustice.

According to NASW Code of Ethics, as a license social worker, I believe you violated the following:
1.01 Commitment to Clients
Social workers' primary responsibility is to promote the well-being of clients. In general, clients' interests are primary.
4.02 Discrimination
Social workers should not practice, condone, facilitate, or collaborate with any form of discrimination on the basis of
race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, political belief, religion, or mental or
physical disability.
.4.04 Dishonesty, Fraud, and Deception
Social workers should not participate in, condone, or be associated with dishonesty, fraud, or deception.

NOTE: I want a separate committee independent from the Social Work department to conduct and handle all manners of this grievance process and investigation. Please forward this grievance to the appropriate department and concerned parties if you are not.

Best regards,
Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment